Cloud Migration Projects
Take off your business!
More and more companies are migrating apps and services to the cloud every day, but it can be challenging. Fermorite assists in bridging this gap through cloud migration projects. In the framework of cloud migration projects, Fermorite conducts an initial audit of the customer’s infrastructure, services and operations which are in-scope for cloud migration.
Preference for solution delivery
Based on the cloud migration planning, a cloud migration plan document is created, which describes the pre-migration requirements, the migration milestones and deliverables, as well as the migration project members and roles. Fermorite specializes in the following type of cloud migrations, covering desktops, applications and data migration to the cloud:
- Email migration from on-premise email servers to Office 365. Here you can browse our Microsoft 365 migration service brochure
- Email migration from online and cloud email systems to Office 365. Here you can find more details about the benefits from a Microsoft 365 migration
- SharePoint migration from SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint Online
- Content (files and folders) migration from on-premise and online sources to OneDrive for Business and SharePoint
- Virtual Machine migrations from on-premise installations to Microsoft Azure
- SQL database migrations from on-premise installations to Azure SQL
- Citrix apps and desktops migration from on-premise to Citrix Workspace Cloud
- Modernize your web apps by migrating them to Azure. Here you can browse our Azure App Service Migration brochure
When migrating key corporate resources to the cloud, a handful of business, software and technical factors should be taken into consideration. Fermorite ensure a smooth transition to the cloud by evaluating corporate priorities and concerns while working closely with the subject matter experts in each area of the business. Migrating apps to the cloud may involve utilization of IaaS services especially for legacy applications which cannot be redesigned to harness the native capabilities of the Cloud. For more advanced and modern applications however, new emerging technologies, such as cloud native apps, microservices and containers allow for more rapid application development and software development lifecycle management through the Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery (CI/DC) model.
The following diagram illustrates a representative group of factors which are taken into consideration prior to any application software migration to the cloud.